I am the Clergy Recruitment and Development Coordinator for the Great Plains United Methodist Church. I get to spend my time working with new clergy, young clergy, and wannabe clergy. It’s really fun! Prior to July 2015, I was the Campus Minister at Southwestern College, a United Methodist college in Winfield, Kansas, from which I graduated. I’ve been involved in a variety of things related to Campus Ministry over the years and now am translating some of what I learned in working with students into cultivating processes of clergy formation. I am an ordained Deacon in the Great Plains UMC and live in Lincoln, NE, though I work all over Kansas and Nebraska. I love to travel, run, and read.
This blog, A Long Obedience, despite my best intentions, is not updated nearly as often as I would like. However, when I do write, it will usually include the following:
- Periodic articles delving into an aspect of ministry with emerging adults
- Some brief posts with suggestions of resources in the areas of ministry with young adults, leadership, and Christian living
- Personal musings from life in ministry in Kansas and Nebraska
- Occasional snippets from sermons or devotions that I’ve written
- Reposting some articles that I’ve written for another blog but never published here
I hope that you’ll read, share, and respond!